Alzheimer’s disease and age-related dementia require a special kind of assistance. That’s why we’ve developed Landmarks for Living™, an innovative philosophy of memory care emphasizing familiar schedules in a secure, dedicated environment that promotes choice, celebrates accomplishments and helps residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of memory loss retain and restore independence.
Unlike communities that draw little distinction between memory support and nursing care, River Terrace Health Care Center provides private suites for our memory residents to create an experience more similar to assisted living. We offer our memory care residents a positive, fulfilling lifestyle. At the same time, we allow their families to rest easy knowing they are safe and secure.
Because River Terrace Health Care Center is a continuing care retirement community, residents can receive memory care while a spouse or loved one is nearby in an independent living residence or assisted living.
Staying active and involved is an important part of a fulfilling life for all of us. For those who exhibit early-stage dementia, it’s challenging but critical to enjoying the best quality of life possible. At River Terrace Health Care Center, we address this need with our Connections program for residents needing support at a level between assisted living and memory care.
The Connections program works one-on-one with residents, aiding in decision-making and helping foster as much independence as possible—honoring the individual and the lifestyle he or she loves. At the same time, it provides families with peace of mind, knowing their loved one remains safe and secure all day, every day. This forward-thinking option provides greater value for assisted living residents and can be an important interim step before memory care.
Memory Care Specialized Care and Amenities for Memory Support
- Person-centered care tailored to each resident’s needs and requests
- Medication administration
- Assistance with the activities of daily living
- Family-style dining
- Secured courtyards and outdoor areas
- Licensed nursing staff on site 24 hours a day
- Special activities
- A private suite using the resident’s furniture from home
- Access to the full continuum of care
- 24-hour assistance by licensed staff
- Medication management
- On-site therapy services
- A focus on support in decision-making
- Guidance to accomplish the basic activities of daily living
- A full complement of programs and activities to stimulate the mind and body
- Comfortable, welcoming, warm surroundings
- A higher level of staff presence and engagement